Okay, the post about the u/s was so long, that I decided to make a separate post for the actual doctor's appointment. I had my BP and weight taken. BP is good as always, but I forgot to pay attention to my weight. Oh well! The doctor reviewed the u/s pictures and results and said that all of the measurements for the baby look perfect.
He did say one thing that I completely wasn't expecting. Apparently, I am close to having a partial previa with my placenta. Placenta previa is a condition in which the location of where the placenta attached in the uterus is directly covering the opening of the cervix. This makes it impossible to delivery vaginally because the cervical opening is covered by the placenta and a C-section is required. The placenta is NOT covering my cervix in this case, which is a very good thing. However, it is sitting right next to it in a posterior position (towards my back). This is probably the cause of the bleeding/spotting episodes I have had during the pregnancy so far. He is optimistic that as the baby grows and gets bigger, the location of the placenta's attachment will gradually move upward in the uterus. At this point, he is not restricting me from any normal activities.
So, I have added this to the prayer request section at the left. It is our hope and desire for me to give birth vaginally. Our prayer is that the position of the placenta does exactly what the doctor hopes it will do. Please keep this situation in prayer for us! Thanks so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment