Monday, April 27, 2009

We heard the heartbeat!

OMG! We just heard the baby's heartbeat tonight on the at-home fetal doppler! I'm 11w5d today. I've been trying for the past few days, but no luck. I've only been able to capture my own heartbeat up until this point. I read a tip online today to try with a full bladder because it pushes the uterus up into the pelvis. It took us a few minutes, but I found Baby V.'s heartbeat down low on my left side, right at the hairline. I just had a feeling that s/he would be residing in that area since that is the side I ovulated on, felt implantation, and had pain from the CL cyst. It was so amazing! The screen registered it at 165 BPM. It was definitely distinct from my own heartbeat since it was more than twice as fast! DH and I just looked at each other in complete awe. We were whispering to each other, "Is that it?" because we were too afraid that if we talked any louder, we'd lose our hold on it!

I feel ready to spread the news now that we've heard it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment