In a nutshell...I didn't get pregnant. Check out my charts for more details.
I stopped taking BCP on 11.8.08 and AF came on 11.13.08. I had read some posts on the message boards of The Bump website and I saw that a lot of people suggested reading the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" (TCOYF from here on out). I bought it and read it in about 3 days. I couldn't believe how much I had never learned about my own body! I found it very fascinating and highly recommend it to any woman, regardless of if she is TTC or not. I also saw that a lot of people on that site were charting their cycles on a website called Fertility Friend, so I signed up for that, bought a BBT, started taking prenatal vitamins, and starting charting my cycles. The journey begins!
(On a side note...my best friend and her husband also began to actively TTC at the same time as us! It's great to have someone to talk to about everything, and I really hope we get our BFP's at the same time!)
Month 1 Stats (11.13.08 - 12.13.08):
* AF lasted for 5 days
* Ended up being out of town for Thanksgiving during my most fertile days...ugh.
* Speaking of fertile days...I was so amazed by the EWCF...I never knew that existed.
* Even with traveling, FF gave us a High rating for BD timing!
* Ovulated on CD19 - Woo hoo! I was so psyched that I ovulated my first cycle off BCP!
* Started a message board group on FF around 3DPO and met some great ladies (Over Analyzing Women Obsessing Together!).
* Took a HPT at 10DPO - BFN. Still disappointing, even if it was only my first cycle off BCP.
* Had a 12 day LP - Pretty excited that I had an average length LP.
* Total cycle lenth of 31 days
Month 2 Stats (12.14.08 - 1.8.09):
* First real post-BCP AF - only lasted for 2 days. Really strange! Prior to BCP, AF was 7-8 days long. While on BCP for 8 years, AF was 5-6 days long. Asked around and seemed that others had the same experience. Fine with me!
* Had some spotting from CD 6-8.
* Began having fertile CF around CD7, so I started OPK's at CD9.
* Horrible ovulatory pain from CD8-12. Thought I was going to die. My abdomen was pretty sensitive during BDing too.
* Positive OPK's on CD11 and CD12!
* Used generic form of Mucinex from CD12-14 to increase EWCF. The pills weren't coated and I practically gagged on them everytime, so I kind of gave up. Don't think they worked because I didn't use them enough.
* Ovulated on CD13 this time around...definitely wasn't ready for that! Again, we were out of town for the holidays, so I don't think we timed our BDing very well. FF rated it as Good though. Also used Pre-Seed during BDing a couple of times.
* Took HPT on CD11 because it was DH's birthday. BFN. :(
* LP lasted 13 days - Glad that it was a day longer this time!
* Total cycle length of 26 days
Thanks for nutshelling it for me, because as I am not trying to get pregnant at this time I totally don't know the lingo yet. Bummed you didn't get preggers, but I know it will happen soon. I love the new blog design and name! It's awesome! I am going to Nykki designs to help fix my blog. I love that you took my quote idea. I think that is so cute, and your quote totally fits your blog. I know it's a bit soon but have you started talking about future names for your TTC baby? I belong to parents connect's baby name boards: http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/ (my user name is koratheexplora) and I have a nameslist on babynames.com: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9612279 because I just love names! I know, crazy right! I just thought you might like those sites. I hope you are having an awesome weekend! Your site is updated on my new blogroll about things other than books.
ReplyDelete